Friday, April 13, 2012

Taking a break from TTC


I have officially decided to take a break from TTC...for how long I don't know. I figured I need the break. To step off this roller coaster for a few months or so.

Of course I still want to be pregnant. But I need to feel normal again, not some kind of crazy person...always charting, testing, researching and obsessing. I just don't want to think about it every time I turn around. I have to be happy or learn how to be happy with the cards I've been dealt with. I hope with this break I will achieve that.

I'm the type of person that when I want something badly enough, I go after it and fight to get it. And I'm not known for being patient either. So my patience is beginning to wear thin, especially when some of my friends and co-workers falls pregnant almost straight away. Of course I am happy for them but I hate myself for feeling like failure. I just don't know how to just let it go. Who knew that TTC would be such an emotional journey and of course not falling pregnant makes it that much harder! 

Before TTCing, my cycle has always been a clockwork - 28 days cycle on the spot. Not a day early or late. Maybe its the stress but I need to get my cycle regulated and my sanity back.

No more temping, no more OPKs, no more obsessing...

Its been a couple of days since I stopped taking my temperature. What a feeling! Its like a burden has been lifted. Its so nice to take a break and focus on me and DH and not so much on getting pregnant.
Its still hard, because there is always the "what if" feeling. But I feel a lot more positive as I am not as "obsessed" as before.

I will still be around of course. There's still so much I want to share and write about so hang around =)



No comments:

Post a Comment