Friday, January 27, 2012

CD14

CD14.


Tested another OPK last night at about 6pm..and line was much lighter than the ones on CD11 and CD14. I will test another one later today. I couldn’t help but feel that I missed my O..or perhaps I didn’t O this month?


The last couple of days from about CD10, CM was very watery. I couldn’t really pin point if it reach the EWCM stage but it was very watery. And it kinda start drying up from yesterday at CD13. 


I’ve been OPKing since CD7 so that’s 7 days..but also found that I have been doing it wrong. Apparently we cant use the first pee in the morning and we’ll have to test between 12pm and 8pm. Also, we are not supposed to drink a lot of water before we test. Anyway like an idiot, for maybe 5 days I’ve been testing I the morning with my first morning pee. Since CD11 I started testing in the afternoon as well and got faint line. 


I just started monitoring my BBT and try to monitor my CM. How do we know for sure that we are ovulating? How then will we be sure? So anyway I’ve been doing some research all over the internet and here’s what I came out with.


Its highly unusual to only ovulate from one ovary and not the other. If our cycles are regular then we should ovulate every month. 


The time period between ovulation and the next period is constant, usually around 14 days. The period between the first day of bleeding/cycle can vary. In a normal 28-day cycle (like mine) ovulation happens in the middle around CD14. But in a 35-day cycle ovulation happens on CD21 and on CD10 in a 24-day cycle.


Swollen breasts, tender nipples, water retention can be symptoms of ovulation but they are not enough to make the diagnosis with sufficient evidence. Regular periods, BBT curves, OPK, cervical mucus changes and/or elevated progesterone levels seven days later are the reliable methods of tracking ovulation. 


It is possible to ovulate any time in the cycle, even the day after menstruation. Most women usually ovulate around CD14 or so, but much earlier and much later ovulations are possible. If cycles are very regular then ovulation usually happens about 14 days prior to the next cycle. That would be about 14 days plus/minus to two days.


We should also try to BD once a day, every day during the fertile days. In addition, we should BD regularly 2 to 3 times a week every week. Making love more than once a day is not suggested because the sperms have not enough time to recover. If he has enough sperm then there is about 20-25% chance of getting pregnant each month.


OPKs test for the LH hormone, which rises shortly before ovulation. So when we are not about to ovulate the OPK is negative. When it first (emphasis on FIRST) turns a shade of color, then ovulation is likely to happen within the next 12-36 hours, emphasis on within. Ovulation can happen in 12 or 36 hours. You can have a line on the OPK test for several days.


At the time of ovulation there is an increase in the estrogen hormone. This hormone increases as ovulation approaches and it changes the cervical mucus from a thick consistency to first a thin consistency and this consistency becomes stretchy. When you touch this mucus with two fingers and pull it apart, you can extend it for several inches.

Meeting the GP in an about half an hour. Will check with on my ultrasound results and whats happening to my O.

No comments:

Post a Comment