Thursday, January 26, 2012

OPK Test - what happened to my postive line?

Day13.
Did an OPK this morning at 7am and line was much lighter than yesterday! Bummer! As usual, I got paranoid and asked a few girls from my TTC forum. Anyway I tested again at 2.30pm and the line was lighter than the result from this morning! WHATTTT!!???

CD13 -7am

CD13 - 2.30pm

Temperature is still low so I don’t think I have ovulated yet. Funny thing though, my CM well it’s drying up. Not as wet as a couple of days ago. Does this mean I am not ovulating this month?

Don’t quite know exactly what is going on but will test again at about 6pm today and another tomorrow evening.

Anyway this is TTC Cycle 2. Unfortunately we don’t get to BD as much as before with work commitments and long hours at the office. So I thought we might stand a better chance if I take on a more targeted approach. Which basically means only trying to BD when we think we are the most fertile – romantic devils that we are :/

I’m still doing more research as I’m not sure if I had my surge yet but here’s some info:

All OPK tests have a “control” color band (or color line) that indicates whether the test is working or not. Also, the control band provides a color/intensity baseline by which to interpret the “test” band results. The “test” color band indicates a positive or negative result. Please refer to the graphic below.



A positive result (indicating an LH surge) is indicated by a test band that is of equal or greater intensity (equal or darker) than the control band. A negative result for the LH is indicated when the test band is of lesser intensity (lighter) than the control band or cannot be seen. A negative result means the LH level of the urine sample is at or near its normal level and that the LH surge is not in progress. There is always some quantity of LH in your system so a light color band in the region is NOT an indicator of a positive result.



No comments:

Post a Comment