Monday, January 23, 2012

TTC Acronyms

Have any of you ever spent time going into any Trying to Conceive (also known as TTC) blogs, forums or message boards? I have. I recently joined a “secret” facebook discussion page where women (all over Australia) share their happiness, pain, difficulty in trying to conceive. I have started feeling a strong bond with some of these women and even though I only just started to TTC.

I remembered when I first joined the group, I was a little intimidated by the acronyms some of the girls used. Internet acronyms are common, we all use them. The TTC world has a huge number of acronyms and they can be downright confusing! 

Here are some of the common abbreviations and acronyms used:

AF: Aunt Flo – menstruation / period
BBT: Basal Body Temperature
BC: Birth Control
BCPS: Birth Control Pills
BD: Baby Dance (sex)
BF: Breasfeed or Boyfriend
BFN: Big Fat Negative (pregnancy test)
BFP: Big Fat Positive (pregnancy test)
BM: Breast Milk
CD: Cycle Day
CF: Cervical Fluid
CM: Cervical Mucus
CS: Caesarean Section
DC: Day Care
DPO: Days Past Ovulation
EDD: Estimated Due Date
EWCM: Egg White Cervical Mucus
HPT: Home Pregnancy Test
IC: Incompetent Cervix
IUI: Intrauterine Insemination
IVF: In Vitro Fertilisation
L&D: Labour and Delivery
MC: Miscarriage
O: Ovulation
O’d: Ovulated
OPK: Ovulation Predictor Kit
PG: Pregnant / Pregnancy
POAS: Pee On a Stick (pregnancy test)
TTC: Trying To Conceive
US: Ultrasound

These are just some that I know. I still stumble over an acronym I don’t know from time to time. And if you do know of any which I missed – please don’t hesitate to share them with me =)

No comments:

Post a Comment